- This lecture discusses the roles of different Database Users.
- Different types of database users are:
- Naive user: Uses interactive GUI to do work .Ex: filling up form
- Application programmer: Writes application programs.
- Sophisticated user: can make query directly through the query processor
- Specialised User: develops knowledge based system, computer aided design, expert system
- Administrative User: he has all the permissions, can create and modify schema, can define access method, can grant permission to other users, can do routine maintenance like clearing of logs,....