- In this video we will be discussing about DB (Database) and DBMS (Database Management System).
- DB is a collection of related data.
- Data are facts that can be recorded , ex. age of person.
- Data should have implicit meaning.
- Data should be related.
Properties of DB:
- logically coherent collection.
- some aspects of real world, mini world, representation of real purpose problems.
- data could range in size from few KBs toTBs and complexity.
What is DBMS?
- DBMS is a software collection of programs that enables user to create and manage database.
- DBMS System =Database + DBMS s/w