- This lecture explains the concept of Data Model.
- Data Model basically tells about structure, introduces you to abstraction and tells how data is stored and processed in the system.
- 3 types of Data Model exists:
- Hierarchical Model
- Network Model
- Relational Model
- it was first proposed by IBM.
- it is a tree like structure, one parent may have multiple child but child will have only one parent.
- one to many relationship exists.
- it is a graph like structure.
- child may have multiple parents.
- m:n relationship exists.
- Data is organised in form of 2D tables.
- Ex. : MySQL, Oracle,..
- Relationship among table exists.